Welcome to The Anime Shogatsu Masquerade Page
Once again we welcome back EVERYONE’s favorite host-est with the most-est….Bear Sailor Moon!
Following up his epic hosting job from the Anime Shogatsu Masquerade in 2017 we welcome back with open arms Bear Sailor Moon. He’s big, he’s hairy, and he’s here to right wrong and triumph over evil! And that means you. Winner of Best In Show Performance at fan expo 2017 Bear Sailor Moon joins us once again this year as masquerade director and musical guest. Join Bear Sailor Moon for an intimate performance of jazz standards and songs from the TV show at this years anime shogatsu.
Joining our wonderful host is our Judges
Ali Mahou is a Master level cosplayer and model from Southern Ontario who has been sewing since the young age of nine, and cosplaying since 2006. Ali is also a representative for Canada’s leading cosplay wig company, Arda Wigs Canada.
Miss Mahou has always been well known for her fascination with beauty, intricacy and magic, along with her intense love for all things nerdy. As a master wigmancer and super seamstress, her main goal at conventions is always to educate, mentor and inspire!
From the moment Bamzy stepped foot on the grounds of anime north way back in 2007, she knew this community was something special that she would love to be a part of. Seeing all those smiling faces in costumes is what got her hooked and she has never looked back.
Over the course of her cosplay career she has found a love and passion for amour and prop making. The intricate accuracy in designs and details is something she strives to achieve with each of her costumes.
Bamzy has a wide love for video games, anime, and might have an obsession with over sized weapons/ props and armor as shown in some of her work.
Be sure to come see her at Anime Shogatsu! She can not wait to interact with you all and geek out!
What’s up everyone, I’m Jordan of PentaKill Cosplay from the GTA. My cosplay partner, Ali and I have been cosplaying for over six years now. You may recognize me from my Aatrox and Xerath cosplay from League of Legends, or my Thanos cosplay that I made for the Masters of Cosplay competition. I love building armour and making cosplays that become difficult to walk in. I love the craft and love to learn to craft. I’m an engineer by trade but I’ve devoted years to honing my cosplay craft in my spare time! The builds are hectic and stressful, but going to cons and sharing my love for the community with all the other con-goers makes it all worth it! See you all at the cosplay contest!
For cosplayers who have never entered a masquerade with a beginner’s skill level
For cosplayers with masquerade experience, honed skills, or won at least 3 separate awards in the Novice Category, or won a Best in Novice class.
Won at least 3 separate awards in the Journeyman Category, or won a Best in Journeyman class.
Won at least 3 separate awards in the Artisan Category, or won a Best in Artisan class.
Contestant who just wants to participate for fun! There are no requirements for this category, but you will NOT be eligible for an award.
***Cosplayers are allowed to enter any division they choose and must stay in that division if they win.
Instructions for Entrants
- Fill out form at signing area at lounge near Registration Desk
- Have audio file ready in a USB
- After registration, you will be given instructions on where to meet before the masquerade, PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE!
- Workmanship judging will take place prior to performance
- Please remember to pick up USB
- If you are unsure of which division to enter, consult the masquerade director
- NO microphones are permitted
- NO lasers, open flame, powder, fire, and/or open flashes
- NO disposal of waste on stage
- NO explicit nudity
- NO real firearms, projectile weapons, and/or blades. (If your costume has a weapon, please refrain from excessive and dangerous movement with consideration of stage)
- Only ONE entry is permitted by entrant/group
- Professionals are not eligible for awards, but may participate in “Out-of-competition”
- All entries have a limit of 60 seconds
- The directors have the right to remove entrants if danger to audience or other reasons that will cause harm to the public
- FAILURE TO APPEAR ON TIME MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION
- Commissioned costumes require the signed consent of costume designers
- Please respect the final decisions of the judges. Awards may not be awarded if judges do not feel entrants are deserving of award
- NO EXCEPTIONS CAN BE MADE TO THESE RULES
- FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THE RULES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION
- Have fun!